The Garmin Vivosmart 3 might not be looking much but it’s packed full of fitness tracking features. Be it from all the rep counts to a fitness age. It is good of a good value too, but more aimed at gym going people rather than runners.
Vivosmart 3 is right up there when it comes to tracking metrics since it has the best activity trackers around and by activity tracker, we mean wearables without GPS.
Though it lacks the feature of location tracking, it makes up for with a heart rate sensor, an accelerometer, barometric altimeter and ambient light sensor. There’s also Bluetooth Smart and ANT+ connectivity which makes it a perfect option. It also works very efficiently thus counting your reps to keep your whole exercise honest.
Garmin Vivosmart 3 Tracker Credit Review
Garmin has given their extra special attention to the Vivosmart 3 with a slim, seamless design. This does mean that any form of customization goes out the window. The bands here on this one are not detachable, meaning you will be stuck with whatever color choice you opt for, that too means you will also have your top priority with you all the time.
The Vivosmart 3 is available in black, blue and purple models. You Also need to be sure that you pick the correct size of Vivosmart for your wrist and you are good to go.
The design is made with a lot of comfort for the user; for instance, even if you keep wearing it all day long, you will still feel like you are wearing nothing. Tap and swipe and give commands to your personalized Vivosmart.
Battery life is almost rated with a total use of up to 5 days between charges, which is confirmed in many tests that were carried out by independent users and testers.
Garmin Vivosmart 3 Tracker comes with a proprietary charging cable as compared to most fitness trackers and not a standard Micro-USB cable. So, in case you lose it, you will be compelled to buy another one, unless you have an extra one already.
Even though the company thinks you will get five days of use out of the Vivosmart 3, in reality, you can even manage to take out about six days, depending on how much exercise and notifications do you read. Frequent exercising with screen readings will give you five days.
On the other hand, you get another bonus; the charging time is very rapid as it almost gets to full in under an hour, hence making battery life never a concern. Even if it gets below 10% and you are in the mid-workout, the screen will simply lock on a low battery alert while tracking continues until you are done, which is obviously very smart.
Like its predecessor, this model of the Garmin Tracker is also waterproof. It also features 24-7 heart-rate monitoring and automatically tracks activities that include steps, floors climbed, calories burned, intensity minutes, sleep and more.
Keeping the 24/7 monitoring working, the device will measure your heart rate variability and translate it into a stress level, then give you alerts to breathe and relax when the level is elevated.
Here’s a small overview of the features this amazing product has
- Garmin Vivosmart 3 Tracker includes fitness monitoring tools like the VO2 max as well as fitness age and strength training
- Monitor your wellness with the all-day stress tracking and the relaxation breathing timer
- It also features a 24/7 heart rate monitoring with the latest Elevate Wrist Heart Rate technology.
- It also helps you track steps; floors climbed, calories burned, intensity minutes, your sleep and much more
- It is also very safe for swimming and showering, dive in and let the Garmin Vivosmart 3 Tracker track your swim workout as well.
- The Battery life is up to 5 days which is perfect because you never have to worry about charging it. It also takes very less time charging that is 1 hour Yaaay!!
The Garmin Vivosmart 3 works quite well with almost everything. Let’s suppose if you have a smartphone with a Bluetooth, be it an iPhone, Android or a Windows 10 phone, you can enjoy the full power of the Garmin Connect app and all its connectivity treats.
The connect platform is cloud-based; you can also check your data via a browser with much more detailed charts
It is also ideal for analyzing your health progress. Some people argue that there are too much depth and detail in the Connect platform as it covers all sports, but others appreciate the options granted by this tracker as it really comes down to how you train and how much effort you are willing to put in.
It Can Be Used By..
Since there is no GPS function, this thus makes the Garmin Vivosmart 3 Tracker less appealing to all the runners and cyclists out there, but the VO2 max and rep counting functions make this an ideal option for people who visit the gym and class takers as well.
Other functions like the stress score, smart notifications, sleep and activity tracking all of that make this a perfect choice for anyone who simply wants to take the first steps into a fit and healthy sporty lifestyle.
- Comfortable to wear
- Very Slim
- It can monitor heart rate
- Fully waterproof
- Includes great features like stress level management
- It also Includes a rep counter and VO2 Max Readings
- Also has the unique ability to show notifications from your phone.
- A very good activity tracker that is waterproof and packed with many features.
- Long battery life.
- Certain features are difficult to access from the watch
- The display is not as sharp as others in the same level of competition, but that is great for battery life.
We hope that you found our article interesting and obtained the knowledge you need from it, that, my friends was all about the feature-packed Garmin Vivosmart 3 Tracker. Let us know if there is anything in your mind; we would love to hear your feedback. Thank You for investing your precious time in our review article.